Whom to contact when
Various support staff are available at Utrecht University to help you with any questions, support or tailored advice related to your degree that you may need during your studies.
» Roadmap for student guidance
Within your programme, you can turn to the following people for advise:
For questions or uncertainties about a course.
- Your tutor
For questions relating to the contents of the programme. Your tutor draws up a study plan for the first year in consultation with you and the Programme Coordinator. The tutor is an experienced lecturer-researcher from the relevant discipline.
- Programme Coordinator
For questions related to the full programme's contents. You may contact your Programme Coordinator for information, questions and advice regaridng (the composition of) your programme, internships and studying abroad.
- Study Advisor
For complex questions or problems relating to study choices, planning and progress. Your Study Advisor is a confidential advisor. He or she can help you with problems involving academic motivation, delays, exemptions, absence from exams, studying abroad, a plan of study that does not follow the conventional routes etc.Your Study Advisor can help you with questions about the more formal aspects of planning and putting together your degree programme and your study progress or lack thereof.
- Student Information Desk Humanities
You can turn to the Student Information Desk for study-related questions and information about practical matters involving education.
- Student Services
You can contact Student Service for information about studying at Utrecht University in general, such as information about your enrolment, tuition fees, student grants, accommodation, administrative grants and Studielink.
- ICT helpdesk ITS
Questions about IT • printing and copying • Solis ID
Educating & challenging yourself
- International Office Humanities
Studying abroad • Erasmus grants • choosing a university abroad • exchange forms
- Internship coordinator
Finding an internshoip • finding an internship supervisor
- Career Services
Career planning • career training • assessments of your application letter • individual career consultation • workshops and activities • CV check
- Skills Lab
Workshops on improving your academic skills • writing skills training courses • learing how to study/research/communicate more effectively study
- Wellbeing trainers Humanities
Workshops in dealing with performance pressure, learning to study, making choices, setting priorities and graduation.
- Student Psychologist
A student psychologist can help you resolve personal and study-related problems that can interfere with your academic progress.
More information and contact details
Questions not related to your study programme
In some cases you may want to consult someone who is not related to your specific study programme. For example, if you fall behind due to extenuating circumstances or mental health issues, and it is not possible to correct this through an adjustment in your programme. If this is the case, you may use the contacts mentioned below.
We have put together some study tips and useful links and offer a number of workshops which can help you as well.
- Find apprropriate healh care professionals in Utrecht
- Roadmap Student Support at Utrecht University (pdf)
Roadmap Student Support
The roadmap in detail
- Start: Is my question education related? > YES: go to step 3 / NO: go to step 2
- It’s about…
- Academic skills: SkillsLab
- Job market: Career Services
- Is it related to studying? > YES: go to step 4 / NO: go to step 5
- More specifically…
- Academic study and writing: SkillsLab
- Studying without limitations: POS (Studying Without Limitations)
- Study planning and challenges: Study Advisor
- Admission, enrollment and more…: Student Services
- Study choice: Study Choice Advisor
- Is it related to (mental) health? > YES: go to step 6 / I GUESS: go to step 7
- More specifically…
- Study or personal life struggles: Student Psychologist
- E-health programs: Caring Universities
- Activities and events: Student Wellbeing
- Health related questions: GP (General Practitioner)
- Severe study delay: Student Counsellor
- Inappropriate behavior at UU: Confidential Counsellor for Inappropriate Behaviour
- Formal complaints: Complaints Coordinator