Electives & Minor
As electives (your optional course profile), you choose components with a total study load of 60 EC, of which at least 15 EC at level 2 or 3. You can choose electives from another discipline, or in preparation for a Master's programme.
Your electives consists of:
- An optional course package of 30 EC in which you can choose the following:
- a minor at Utrecht University.
- a second specialization within your chosen degree programme. This needs to be planned well, contact your study advisor. You don't need approval from the Board of Examines for this option, but please do inform us of your choice by putting in a 'pro forma' request for approval through Osiris student.
- a minor from another Dutch university. This requires the approval of the Board of Examiners.
- a foreign exchange programme. This requires the approval of the Board of Examiners.
- Free choice of 30 EC, for example:
Are you following two bachelor's programmes? Then you can often fill in your optional course profile with courses from your other bachelor's programme. Discuss the possibilities with your study advisor.
You can choose:
- courses within your major (e.g. from another in-depth package)
- courses outside your major from the range of optional humanities bachelor courses or from the entire range of course offered by the UU
- courses provided by another educational institution
- courses that you may need to be admitted to a master's programme