As electives (your optional course profile), you choose components with a total study load of 60 EC, of which at least 15 EC at level 2 or 3. You can choose electives from another discipline, or in preparation for a Master's programme.
Your electives consists of:
- An optional course package of 30 EC in which you can choose the following:
- a minor at Utrecht University.
- a second specialization within your chosen degree programme. This needs to be planned well, contact your study advisor. You don't need approval from the Board of Examines for this option, but please do inform us of your choice by putting in a 'pro forma' request for approval through Osiris student.
- a foreign exchange programme. This requires the approval of the Board of Examiners.
- Free choice of 30 EC, for example:
A minor is a set of coherent courses related to the same subject. A minor is usually 30 EC. A minor is a set of 4 courses. A minor is useful as a preparation for a certain master. Are you going to study abroad? If so, you can make the courses you take abroad count as a minor, after approval from the Examination Board.
Registering for a minor
At Utrecht University, you should always register for both the minor as a whole and the separate courses.