As electives (your optional course profile), you choose components with a total study load of 60 EC, of which at least 15 EC at level 2 or 3. You can choose electives from another discipline, or in preparation for a Master's programme.
Your electives consists of:
- An optional course package of 30 EC in which you can choose the following:
- a minor at Utrecht University.
- a second specialization within your chosen degree programme. The course Medieval Celtic Palaeography, which is part of the first specialisation, is replaced by an individual assignment. You don't need approval from the Board of Examines for this option, but please do inform us of your choice by putting in a 'pro forma' request for approval through Osiris student.
- a foreign exchange programme. This requires the approval of the Board of Examiners.
- Free choice of 30 EC, for example:
Recommended courses and minors
The following minors may be of special interest to students of Celtic because of the relevance of the content and / or methodologies of the minor:
- The Middle Ages
- Latin language & culture in the European tradition (in Dutch)
- Greek language & culture in the European tradition (in Dutch)
While the content is less directly relevant, the following minors may be of interest to students of Celtic because of relevant methodologies:
- TL1V14004 Tlc-Latijn I
- TL1V19005 Tlc-Latin Culture of the Middle Ages
- TL2V14003 Tlc-Latijn II
- TL3V19002 Tlc-Latin in Late Antiquity
- TL3V17002 Tlc-Methoden en statisitiek 2