You have succesfully completed your Master’s programme.
The Master's programme in Arts and Society prepares arts professionals for a range of careers:
- Ministries of Culture
- Urban Planning, Design and Strategy
- Design Thinking and Creative Strategy and Research
- Creative Management
- Creative Production
- Arts collectives
- Arts foundations
- Grant-making foundations
- Arts-focused public sector enterprise and non-profit organisations
- Arts and entertainment companies
- Festival/event conceptualization and planning
- Education, community outreach or audience development for mainstream arts institutions such as museums, galleries, theatres and concert halls
- Multi sector arts-based initiatives (arts in hospitals, prisons, refugee centers, etc.)
- Curating and programming internationally and cross-culturally
- Arts-based community organizing and advocacy
- Arts and cultural consulting
- Arts and cultural policy advising at the local, national, regional and international levels
- Arts and culture research, writing and criticism
- Tourism policy and product development
The main purpose of the programme is to prepare students for a professional career in the cultural sector. In principle, the two-year Research Master in Media, Arts and Performance Studies provides better preparation for a PhD trajectory, but it is in some cases possible to continue in such a trajectory after finishing the Arts and Society programme.
Graduates become alumni of Utrecht University. Read more about what this means for you.