In principle you do an internship abroad in the first semester in year 2:
- Usually in one of the great European art museums or in a print room;
non-Dutch students usually do their internship in the Netherlands, Dutch students do it abroad – although exceptions can be made for foreign students who wish to go abroad as well.
- As an alternative, during the same period you may take research seminars or tutorials at an advanced level at other universities in Europe or the US, at other Dutch universities that offer specialized research seminars, provided that these are considered appropriate for your particular study programme.
Contact your tutor and the Programme Coordinators for information about possibilities and conditions.
When going abroad, as a student of Art History, you have several partnerships:
- Foreign partners where you may take courses. These include:
- the University of Leuven in Belgium,
- and Dutch University Institute for Art History in Florence.
- For more destinations consult the webpage: Practical matters Study Abroad > destinations
Below you will find general information about the possibilities to study abroad during your programme at Utrecht University.