Introduction to R & Data
- Study phase:
- Bachelor, Master, Premaster
- Study method:
- Time investment:
- One session
- Free of charge
R is a powerful scripting language for data handling, data visualization, and statistics. In this workshop, we aim to give you the tools to start exploring R and all it has to offer by yourself.
The course will take you from the very basics in R syntax, to data handling and visualization using a set of tools known as the ‘tidyverse’. Not only that, we will take some time to understand datasets and their architecture, preparing you to handle your own data in a clean, robust, and reproducible manner. We will work in RStudio and introduce R as well as R Markdown.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- read and write lines of R code (even if you do not understand all functions, you know how to look them up);
- understand what ‘tidy’ data is, how to generate it, and work with it;
- open, read, manipulate, save, and visualize a dataset, using tidyverse tools;
- use RStudio, and use it to write an R script and an R markdown document.
The course is provided by Reserach Data Management Support.