Course - English for Academic Purposes
- Study phase:
- Bachelor, Master, Premaster
- Study method:
- Time investment:
- Several sessions
This integrated skills course aims to further develop your academic writing and speaking abilities, helping you to gain more confidence and become more competent in your use of Academic English. You will also expand your academic vocabulary and receive regular feedback on your writing. In addition, you will discover your own strengths and weaknesses in academic writing in English.
Topics covered will include:
- Recognising and analysing academic texts
- Text cohesion (for example, through linking words)
- Delivering presentations with greater fluency
- Academic style (formal and informal writing)
This course consists of 8 sessions of 1 hour and 45 minutes.The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week.
Course provider: Babel
Note: The costs include a 15% student discount, you have to fill in your UU email address when registering for this course. Aside from the registration costs you are asked to order your own book from Babel.