Life Sciences Representatives
Life Sciences Representatives (LSR) is a student initiative to represent the interests and rights of all Master's students of the Graduate School of Life Sciences at Utrecht University. You can directly contact us via email@example.com.
The LSR consists of at least one Masters student of every programme within the School. All student members of the Educational Committee (EC) and Board of Studies (BoS) are members of the LSR. In addition, at least one representative of the LS-associated student associations will take place in the LSR.
- represent the interests of all Master's students of the GSLS at the educational level and monitor student wellbeing;
- feedback between the student members of the EC and BoS and the rest of the students;
- identify problems Master students experience within the course of their studies and help to resolve them by reporting and discussing the problems or complaints in the EC, BoS, programme coordinator meetings, or with the GSLS staff;
- fill the vacant student positions in the EC and BoS at the start of each new academic year;
- promotion of the LSR and it’s functions to the new Masters students every year;
- handle the applications of putative new LSR members at the beginning of every academic year.
To learn more about the LSR, listen to episode 7 of the Radio Life Sciences podcast in which the (former) LSR chair, Jitte Jennekens, tells you more.