Are you interested in analyzing environmental issues and designing new solutions, from a broad social scientific perspective? Then this is the minor for you! You will look at the origin of environmental challenges and design and analyze change processes. In the level 3 courses you will focus on either the role of policy making, sustainable production and consumption, or knowledge management. You will learn how you can influence the behavior of individuals and organizations and in doing so contribute to a sustainable development.
There are no specific entry requirements for this minor. This minor is not available for Global Sustainability Science students.
The starting moment of this minor is in period 1, 2 or 3.
The minor is taught in both English and Dutch. Completely in English is not possible.
This minor consists of four courses, which amounts to 30 EC.
In brackets: period (1/2/3/4) + timeslot (A/B/C/D)
- GEO2-2113 Policy Evaluation & Design (niveau 2, periode 1D)
keuze 1 uit 2:
Choose 2 out of 4:
- GEO1-2413 Foundations of Social Sciences for Sustainability (niveau 1, periode 2B)
GEO1-2414 Politics of the Earth (niveau 1, periode 3C)
- GEO3-2121 Sustainable Land-use (niveau 3, periode 2C)
- GEO3-2123 Environmental Impact Assessment (level 3, period 3C)
- GEO2-2116 Milieu, Gedrag en Communicatie (niveau 2, periode 3C)
- Courses mentioned twice can only be chosen once.
- It is advised to take level 3 courses after you have completed the mandatory level 2 course.
If you're a student at Utrecht University then you register via Osiris. Please note: you must register for the minor and separately for each course.
This minor is also available for students studying at a university of applied sciences or at another university.
If you are not from Utrecht University, you register through Osiris Online Application.
If you register during these periods you can almost be sure to be accepted in the course of your first choice.
- Period 1 (Start courses: Monday 6 September 2021)
Registration: Monday 31 May - Sunday 27 June 2021
- Period 2 (Start courses: Monday 15 November 2021)
Registration: Monday 20 September - Sunday 3 October 2021
- Period 3 (Start courses: Monday 7 February 2022)
Registration: Monday 1 November - Sunday 28 November 2021
- Period 4 (Start courses: Monday 25 April 2022)
Registration: Monday 31 January - Sunday 27 February 2022
Late registration days
If you change your mind later on and want to take another course, or if you forgot to enrol, you have a second chance on the late registration days. The choice at that time however will usually be more limited.
- Period 1 Late registration: Monday 23 and Tuesday 24 August 2021
- Period 2 Late registration: Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 October 2021
- Period 3 Late registration: Monday 24 and Tuesday 25 January 2022
- Period 4 Late registration: Monday 4 and Tuesday 5 April 2022