Welcome to your Master’s programme!
During the orientation you will meet your fellow students and future lecturers, and get acquainted with the study programme itself. You will also receive information about practical matters that will come in handy during your studies.
The orientation programme for the Earth Sciences Master’s programmes will be held from 5 - 7 September 2022. Please keep an eye on this page for more information.
See you during the orientation programme!
Last updated: 30 June 2022
The orientation for the Earth Sciences Master’s programmes will be held from 5 - 7 September 2022. Apart from a general introduction to the Master’s programmes, it will include a campus tour, workshops about career training, time management, scientific integrity, a research and alumni symposium, and social activities/drinks.
More detailed information about the programme will be communicated via email and the Introduction Earth Sciences Master’s programmes Blackboard community.
Monday 5 September 2022
|11:00 - 12:00||Introduction Earth Sciences Master’s programmes||Marcel van der Perk||ANDRO-C101|
|12:00 - 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 - 15:00||Introduction to the study||Programme leaders||On-campus, rooms tba|
|15:30 - 18:00||Getting to know each other||UAV study association|
Tuesday 6 September 2022
|11:00 - 15:00||Career perspectives and training and lunch||Career officer||RUPPERT-WIT|
|15:00 - 17:00||Design your own study programme||Programme leaders||On-campus, rooms tba|
|17:00||Drinks and barbecue||UAV study association|
Wednesday 7 September 2022
|9:00 - 11:00||Scientific Integrity workshop||Marcel van der Perk||KBG Pangea|
|11:00 - 12:30||Symposium; plenary session||UAV study association||KBG Pangea|
|13:00 - 17:00||Symposium per programme||UAV study association||BBG|
|17:00||Drinks||UAV study association|
You will find information about your Master's programme, studying at Utrecht University and so forth on this Earth Surface and Water students website. TIP: bookmark this page!
- Read more about the content of your study programme, such as your compulsory and elective courses.
- Your course schedule will be available two weeks before your courses begin. Also see the academic calendar.
- You will be automatically registered for your courses for the first period only. After this you have to arrange the course registration yourself.
- The course guide contains all course details, such as content, learning skills, instructions and study materials. It will become available about two weeks before the course starts via the course coordinator or Blackboard.
- Study materials -such as books and readers- can be ordered online.
- You will need to use your own laptop for computer practicals during your studies. You can also use it for other classes. There are specifications that your laptop needs to meet.
- Your Solis-id is your username for most university IT facilities (Blackboard, OSIRIS, WiFi, printing). You will receive your login details shortly before the beginning of your programme by email.
- There are several people that can provide you with advice and counselling during your studies (tutors, study advisor, career officer, student counsellor or psychologist). There is also support if you are studying with a disability or chronic illness.
All practical matters will be addressed during the Orientation Week.
As an international student there are certain things you have to arrange when coming to Utrecht University, such as finding accommodation, paying your fee(s) and other practical matters. To help you on your way we have a special ‘Welcome to Utrecht’- webpage with:
- a checklist of things to do before and upon arrival.
- an orientation programme for international students.
Make sure to come to the general orientation for international students of Utrecht University. Don’t forget to sign up on our special ‘Welcome to Utrecht’-webpage.
It is also possible to participate in the Utrecht Introduction Time (UIT) week. This will take place from 15 - 18 August 2022. It is a general city introduction open to anyone who is going to study in Utrecht. Here you can meet students of Utrecht University (UU), University of Applied Sciences Utrecht (HU), University of the Arts Utrecht (HKU) and University of Humanistic Studies (UvH) among others. But also get to know all the student organisations that Utrecht has and of course the city itself.
Do you wish to join? Then register on time!