Welcome to your Master’s programme!
During the orientation you will meet your fellow students and future lecturers, and get acquainted with the study programme itself. You will also receive information about practical matters that will come in handy during your studies.
See you during the orientation programme!
Last updated: 28 August 2023
- Questions? Please contact: email@example.com.
Monday 4 sept
11:00 - 12:00 - Introduction non-UU students* - RUPPERT ROOD
13:15 - 14:45 - Welcome and introduction to Energy Science - MIN 2.02
14:45 - 15:00 - USP tour - MIN 2.02
15:00 - 17:00 - Drinks at the Basket - The Basket
Tuesday 5 sept
08:30 - 11:30 - Online preparation Scientific Integrity Workshop (30 min.) - Online, individual preparation (E-mail with WeTransfer link)
11:30-12:30 - Scientific Integrity workshops ES - BBG - 119, BBG - 112
Wednesday 6 sept
09:00 - 10:45 - Lecture: GEO4-2514 Energy in context of Sustainability - MIN 2.01
11:00 - 12:45 - Practical: GEO4-2514 Energy in context of Sustainability - BBG 109 & RUPPERT 002
13:00 - 14:00 - Visit Power plant USP - KBG
16:00 - 19:00 - Pizza in the park - Wilhelminapark, City Center Utrecht
19:00 - 23:00 - Pub crawl - t.b.a., City Center Utrecht
Thursday 7 sept
09:00 - 12:45 - Lecture: GEO4-2502 Energy Conversion Technologies I - MIN 2.01
13:30-14:30 - Dom tour - Domplein, City Center Utrecht
16:00-18:00 - Boat tour - Oosterkade, City Center Utrecht
Friday 8 sept
No activities planned
* only applicable to students without a UU education prior to this Master programme
You will find information about your study programme, studying at Utrecht University and so forth on this Energy Science students website. TIP: bookmark this page!
- Read more about the content of your study programme, such as your compulsory and elective courses.
- You will be automatically registered for your courses for the first period only. After this you have to arrange the course registration yourself.
- Your course schedule will be available four weeks before your courses begin. Also see the academic year calendar.
- Study materials -such as books and readers- can be ordered online.
- You will need to use your own laptop for computer practicals during your studies. You can also use it for other classes. There are specifications that your laptop needs to meet.
- Your Solis-id is your username for most university IT facilities (Blackboard, OSIRIS, WiFi, printing). You will receive your login details shortly before the beginning of your programme by email.
All practical matters will be addressed during the first week of your programme.
As an international student there are certain things you have to arrange when coming to Utrecht University, such as finding accommodation, paying your fee(s) and other practical matters. To help you on your way we have a special ‘Welcome to Utrecht’- webpage with:
- a checklist of things to do before and upon arrival.
- an orientation programme for international students.
Make sure to come to the general orientation for international students of Utrecht University. Don’t forget to sign up on our special ‘Welcome to Utrecht’-webpage.
It is also possible to participate in the Utrecht Introduction Time (UIT) week. It is a general city introduction open to anyone who is going to study in Utrecht. Here you can meet students of Utrecht University (UU), University of Applied Sciences Utrecht (HU), University of the Arts Utrecht (HKU) and University of Humanistic Studies (UvH) among others. But also get to know all the student organisations that Utrecht has and of course the city itself.
Do you wish to join? Then register on time!