In the Master’s programme Youth Studies, you will look across the borders of different areas of expertise. You will learn to analyse youth issues by combining perspectives from the behavioural sciences (psychology, pedagogy) and the social sciences (sociology) in an interdisciplinary approach.
In addition, you will develop skills for conducting research in the field of youth and delve into youth policy and interventions.
This one-year Master’s programme concerns youth-related topics, such as:
- substance use, addiction and risk behaviour;
- psychosocial problems;
- social inequality and wellbeing;
- social media and the digital environment of young people;
- youth culture, pop music and lifestyle;
- sexual development and behaviour;
- changes in youth welfare and youth policy;
- radicalisation, discrimination, intolerance;
- accessibility of (health) care.