The internship is combined with a research project, in which students take a theoretical-empirical approach. The internship is worth 15 ECTS and the research project and resulting Master's thesis are also worth 15 ECTS.
In the first semester of the Master's programme, you will attend a meeting about your individual learning path and preparatory meetings for the internship. For your internship, you will be supervised by an internal supervisor from the internship organisation for your Master's thesis by a supervisor from Utrecht University.
Institutions where students may do an internship and conduct research include: policy-making and policy evaluation units of municipal, provincial, national or international governments, semi-government agencies and strategic policy units within large companies.
In the past, we have established lasting relationships with bodies and organisations such as:
- the Social and Cultural Planning Office;
- the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment;
- the Netherlands Court of Audit;
- the Education Inspectorate;
- the Ministry of Justice;
- political parties;
- the Police Academy;
- non-profit organisations focused on multicultural communities, development assistance, migration and refugees.