The following steps are needed to check whether you can be admitted to the DaSCA clinical track.
1. Admission to clinical track
This track is open only for students with a suitable Bachelor programme that fits the requirements for post master clinical training and registration as ‘GZ psycholoog’ or ‘Orthopedagoog Generalist’ (i.e. a program containing courses on psychopathology, diagnostic assessment, interventions, and clinical skills).
Check to which category you belong:
a. Dutch students who finished the clinical track within the bachelor Pedagogy or Psychology at Utrecht University: you are allowed to enter the clinical track of DaSCA without further requirements, since you already followed all the necessary courses for the master and post master clinical education.
b. Dutch students who finished a bachelor study containing clinical courses at another university than Utrecht University: you need to check yourself to what extent your bachelor courses match with the NVO or NIP requirements for post master clinical education, see Manual DaSCA Clinical Track 2018 (pdf).
2. Attend the meeting that will be organised at the beginning of November to get information concerning the clinical track.
3. Next, inform the coordinator of the clinical track if you want to follow the clinical track and why you think that you can be allowed entrance.
4. The decision regarding whether you are allowed to follow the clinical track, will be made in December by the clinical track coordinator.
5. Register in December in order to get access to the databank for clinical traineeship places:
For Clinical Child, Family and Education Studies (Orthopedagogy) via email: email@example.com.
For Clinical Child and Youth Psychology via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Follow the general procedures used for the academic masters Clinical Child and Youth Psychology or Clinical Child, Family and Education Studies (Orthopedagogy) and apply for a clinical traineeship between January and June in the first year of DaSCA.
7. Inform the coordinator of the clinical track of your traineeship after acceptance.
8. Arrange a meeting with the coordinator of the clinical track in September (in your second year of DaSCA) to make the final appointments concerning the clinical traineeship.
9. Find here the manuals (in Dutch) of last year that contain information for the clinical traineeships (pdf) and the ‘Diagnostische aantekening’ (Diagnostic registration, pdf).