Workshops at Parnassos: Improv Comedy (English)
Feel like acting, but not like memorizing a script? Then you’ll feel right at home with improv comedy. Improv is a form of theatre where you work together to create fast-paced improvised scenes and sketches. And the best part: there's no pressure to be the funniest person in the room, just a willingness to experiment on stage! You will get to know the basic techniques of improv, like taking a figurative punch, accepting and incorporating input of your peers, and creating a story together. Moreover, you will learn how to confidently take the stage. We will act from different angles, from the absurdist hilarious to the subtle and serious.
Are you thinking: This is for me! Sign up for this course and some day you might be performing in a fully improvised show!
What you will learn:
- The basics of improv comedy
- How to build a story collectively in minutes
- How to use associative thinking and adapt swiftly
- How to create interesting, diverse and funny characters
Our no-show policy
We are pleased to offer free services from Student Wellbeing to all students of Utrecht University. However: Free does not mean free of responsibilities. Our activities are regularly fully booked well in advance. For every late cancellation or no-show, we have had to disappoint a number of students who would have liked to attend the activity. Here's how we operate:
- Once you have registered for a training, we expect you to actually attend the training;
- If you need to cancel your registration, please do so as early as possible, no later than 24 hours in advance;
- If you do not show up without notice, you will not be able to participate in Student Wellbeing activities for eight weeks. Two no-shows means you can no longer participate for the rest of the academic year.
Do you have questions about the training? Please email email@example.com.
- Start date and time
- End date and time
- Entrance fee