Are you a little overwhelmed by all the legal requirements you are confronted with as an international starting a job the Netherlands? No idea what to expect on your first day at work, and how to deal with your new Dutch colleagues and business partners? This interactive workshop aims at helping you prepare for a successful start of your career in the Netherlands.
Topics that will be addressed are:
- Dutch business culture
- Intercultural skills in the Dutch workplace
- Things to arrange when starting a job (including healthcare insurance, healthcare allowance and income tax)
- Rules and regulations for non-EU nationals (including the orientation year)
Who is it for:
International UU students
Our no-show policy
We are happy to offer workshops for free to all Utrecht University students. However: free of charge does not mean free of responsibility. Our activities tend to be fully booked well in advance. For every late cancellation or no-show we have had to disappoint students who would have liked to attend. This is how we work:
- Once you have signed up for a workshop, we expect you to attend;
- If you need to cancel your registration, do so at the earliest possible moment, at least 24 hours before the workshop;
- Not showing up without notice will mean you cannot participate in any Career Services activity for 8 weeks. Two no-shows mean you cannot participate for the remainder of the academic year.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.