You can apply for your exchange online, via Osiris Student. Make sure you meet the deadline. You will find the application instructions below. Good luck!
Osiris Stay Abroad will open for applications 2020-2021 on November 1. You can apply from then onwards.
- Go to Osiris Student
- Click on the ‘Stay Abroad’ tab
- Click on ‘New request’ (bottom left)
- Select the correct application request: ‘exchange to a partner university abroad in 2020-2021’
- List a maximum of 3 universities, at least 2 are required.
- Click on ‘Submit’
The allocation process takes place in several rounds. You can only be placed at your second (or third) choice if there are places left after the first round.
Please note! There are two ways of allocation in case there are more applications than places:
- For the faculty partner universities of Geosciences, Humanities, Medicine Science, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Vetinary Sciences, University College Roosevelt and University College Utrecht selection will take place based on the application documents.
- For universitywide partners ánd for partner universities of the Faculty Law, Economics and Governance places will be allocated by drawing lots.
- In case of more applications than places for a universitywide destination; only an exchange for 1 semester is possible.
For each application, the International Office will check if the plans fit the conditions for exchange and the selected partner university.
Placement for a universitywide exchange is not less likely than placement for a faculty exchange programme, or the other way around. For over half of all destinations drawing lots or selection is not required, a satisfactory application is sufficient to be placed directly.
You can submit your application for an exchange in 2020-2021 up to and including
2 December 2019
UCU/UCR have a different application procedure and deadline.