You can apply for your exchange online, via Osiris Student. Make sure you meet the deadline. You will find the application instructions below. Good luck!
Exchange Academic Year 2021-2022
The deadline for studying abroad was December 1st 2020 (Round 1)
Round 3: On April 20 a new list with available places will be published, should you want to apply for one of those places please adhere to the June 15 deadline (23:59)
*UCU and UCR have a different application procedures and deadlines
Exchange Academic Year 2022-2023
Deadline for application is December 1st 2021. Even if you are considering an exchange in semester 2 (start in the beginning of 2023) you are advised to apply before this deadline. The reason for this is that some partner universities will be full after the first round.
Always use the format provided, if available. Address your documents to your first choice of university, and write everything in English. For guidelines see the application instructions.
Osiris Stay Abroad will open for applications 2021-2022 on November 1. You can apply from then onwards.
- Go to Osiris Student
- Click on the ‘Stay Abroad’ tab*
- Click on ‘New request’ (bottom left)
- Select the correct application request: 'Application Exchange 2021-2022: Exchange to partner university'
- List a maximum of 3 universities, at least 2 are required.
- Click on ‘Submit’
*A new window will open in the old OSIRIS student lay-out. In this window, please click again on 'stay abroad'. You may have to log in again in case your session has expired.
The allocation process takes place in several rounds. You can only be placed at your second (or third) choice if there are places left after the first round.
Please note! There are two ways of allocation in case there are more applications than places:
- For the faculty partner universities of Geosciences, Humanities, Medicine Science, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Vetinary Sciences, University College Roosevelt and University College Utrecht selection will take place based on the application documents.
- For universitywide partners ánd for partner universities of the Faculty Law, Economics and Governance places will be allocated by drawing lots.
- In case of more applications than places for a universitywide destination; only an exchange for 1 semester is possible.
For each application, the International Office will check if the plans fit the conditions for exchange and the selected partner university.
Placement for a universitywide exchange is not less likely than placement for a faculty exchange programme, or the other way around. For over half of all destinations drawing lots or selection is not required, a satisfactory application is sufficient to be placed directly.