Choose your destination
On the 'Exchange destinations' page you will find all universities which have an exchange agreement with Utrecht University. There are two kinds of agreements; university-wide and faculty specific. Below is explained what this means and what things to keep in mind when making a decision.
Universitywide exchange destinations
- These exchange destinations are open for all students of Utrecht University, you may apply irrespective of your faculty
- When there are more applicants than places available, students are selected via drawing lots*
*on the UU page of the university you will see the following mentioned: selection was necessary in the past few years.
Faculty exchange destinations
- These places are only available for students who study at that specific faculty
- Most of the time there is an assessment for these places based on a motivation letter, or grades and resume
- When there are more applications than places available, students are selected through a lottery or based on their file (containing the motivation letter, grades etc). Selection may vary per faculty.
- Normally going on exchange to a faculty destination, you would choose courses in line with your study programme
Other things to keep in mind
There are a lot of variables to keep in mind when making your decision;
- give yourself an impression of the course offer
- what is the language in which a course is given
- costs of living in a certain country
- the experiences of other students who have visited this destination before
Not entirely sure yet?
The International Office can answer your questions and assist you in making a decision