Choose your destination
On the 'Exchange destinations' page you will find all universities which have an exchange agreement with Utrecht University. There are two kinds of agreements; university-wide and faculty specific. Below is explained what this means and what things to keep in mind when making a decision.
Universitywide exchange destinations
- You can recognise these by the text "is a universitywide exchange destination for Utrecht University students" that is in the description of those destinations. These exchange destinations are open for all students of Utrecht University, you may apply irrespective of your faculty.
- When there are more applicants than places available, students are selected via drawing lots*
*on the UU page of the university you will see the following mentioned: selection was necessary in the past few years.
Faculty exchange destinations
- These places are only available for students who study at that specific faculty.
- Most of the time there is an assessment for these places based on a motivation letter, or grades and resume.
- When there are more applications than places available, students are selected through a lottery or based on their file (containing the motivation letter, grades etc). Selection may vary per faculty.
- Normally going on exchange to a faculty destination, you would choose courses in line with your study programme.
Other things to keep in mind
There are a lot of variables to keep in mind when making your decision;
- give yourself an impression of the course offer
- what is the language in which a course is given
- costs of living in a certain country
- the experiences of other students who have visited this destination before
Not entirely sure yet?
The International Office can answer your questions and assist you in making a decision