Choose your destination
On the 'Exchange destinations' page you will find all universities who have an exchange agreement with Utrecht University. There are two kinds of agreements; universitywide and faculty specific. Below is explained what exactly this means and what other things to keep in mind when you are making your decision.
Universitywide exchange destinations
- These exchange destinations are open for all students of Utrecht University, you may apply irrespective of your faculty
- When there are more applications than places available, students are selected via drawing lots*
*please note that this is only the case for a few destinations and it is mentioned on the UU page with information on this University
Faculty exchange destinations
- These places are only available for students who study at that specific faculty
- Mostly there is an assessment for these places; through a motivation letter, or grades etc.
- When there are more applications than places available, students are selected through a lottery or based on their file (containing the motivation letter, grades etc). Selection may vary per faculty.
- Normally going on exchange to a faculty destination, you would choose courses in line with your study programme
Other things to keep in mind
There are a lot of variables to keep in mind when making your decision;
- give yourself an impression of the course offer
- what is the language in which a course is given
- costs of living in a certain country
- the experiences of other students who have visited this destination before
Not entirely sure yet?
The International Office can answer your questions and assist you in making a decision