University of Copenhagen

University of Copenhagen is a partner for students of BA and MA veterinary medicine. Please note that following clinical rotations will only be possible during a MA exchange after the completion of the differentiated part of the masterprogramme.

Areas of study open to exchange students

Electives, clinical rotations and research.

Number of places available

5 (this number indicates the places available for study/electives and clinical rotations.)

Student experiences

For student experiences - ervaringsverhalen please go to the Blackboard Community of the International Office of Veterinary Medicine (only accessible for veterinary medicine students).


Veterinary medicine / veterinarian (vet)
Veterinary exchange students
Summer School and individual courses

Social Media


Academic calendar

Semester I: 1 September - 31 January
Semester II: 1 February - 30 June

If you want to follow clinical rotations, you have to start at the beginning of a semester.


English at B2 level at least. Handing in an official test is not necessary.

Course catalogue

Find courses here

Courses at Master’s level

Yes, see course catalogue.


The UCPH Housing Foundation is an independent entity which assists international students coming to the University of Copenhagen in finding accommodation while in Copenhagen. Students who complete their online application for the University of Copenhagen (UCPH) and select housing in the online application will receive an invitation to apply online for housing from the UCPH Housing Foundation:

Estimated living costs per month

More information on Housing

Housing (1), including utilitiesDKK  5,000- 10,000/month
Food and daily expensesDKK 2,000 - 4,000/month
Local public transportationDKK 380-500/month if you travel every day (2)
Leisure activitiesDKK 2,000/month

1) Price for dorm or room in shared apartment
2) To save money, we recommend that you consider renting or buying a used bicycle, which you can get for around DKK 800-1,500


Per full-time week 1,5 ECTS


As an EU/EEA or a Swiss citizen, you will need a residence permit (registration certificate), if you are staying in Denmark for more than three months. Students will receive information on the dates and procedures prior to semester start from the University of Copenhagen.

International Office Diergeneeskunde

Ideeën en vragen?

Je kunt bij het International Office (IO) Diergeneeskunde terecht met al je vragen over het volgen van onderwijs in het buitenland.

Het International Office bestaat uit: 
Inge Hordijk (coördinator) en Fabiënne van der Sijs.


Heb je een afspraak op locatie? Je kunt op de 1e verdieping in het studielandschap wachten bij het bankje bij de giraf.