University of Copenhagen

University of Copenhagen is an exchange destination for bachelor and master students of Utrecht University School of LAW


Student experiences

Read the student experiences here


Welcome to Copenhagen University

General information for exchange students

Faculty of Law


Academic calendar

Semester I (Autumn Semester): September - January
Semester II (Spring Semester): February - June

Academic Calendar

Orientation: The Faculty of Law arranges an international study start programme for all new exchange and LLM students each semester. The programme will contain social events and more study-related sessions



Language of instruction: English and Danish

Language level needed to be able to follow classes B2
Handing in an official test is not necessary.

The University of Copenhagen would like to stress that a full study load at UCPH is 30 ECTS for a semester and 60 ECTS for an academic year, and students are required to take on this work load. 

Areas of study open for exchange students


International exchange students who have previously followed a full law program for a minimum of 1½ years or preferably 2 years or more will be qualified to obtain admission. Only master level courses are open to exchange students. This means that Danish students have studied law for 3 years before they enter these courses, so the academic level offered to exchange students will correspond to master level studies.

Please note: no undergraduate / bachelor level courses are available to exchange students.

Course information

Courses at Master level


Estimated living costs per month

More information 



More information about credits at Copenhagen University here

Normal study load: 30 ECTS per semester    

UU Board of Examiners


Accommodation (scroll down to 'Housing and Money') and Housing Foundation Copenhagen

The UCPH Housing Foundation is an independent entity which assistsinternational students coming to the University of Copenhagen infinding accommodation while in Copenhagen.Students who complete their online application for the University ofCopenhagen (UCPH) and select housing in the online application willreceive an invitation to apply online for housing from the UCPH Housing


As an EU/EEA or a Swiss citizen, you will need a residence permit (registration certificate), if
you are staying in Denmark for more than three months.
Students will receive information on the dates and procedures prior to
semester start from the University of Copenhagen.

Number of places available

2 semester places per year.

Social Media



Health information

Health information, scroll down to "Health and safety"

Do you have any questions about this partner university or would you like to know more?

Contact the International Exchange Office of the Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance.

You can also follow us on Social Media: Instagram or Facebook

The information on this Utrecht University website is compiled with the greatest possible care. Nevertheless it is possible that there are imperfections in the information.
Utrecht University cannot be held liable for the content of the information on its website and / or for the consequences of its use. No rights can be derived from the information as displayed on the website of Utrecht University.