The Holland Scholarship is a scholarship made available by the Dutch Ministry of Education Culture and Science together with Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
It is meant for students who want to study or do research outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Turkey. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Are you already studying at Utrecht University? Are you going to study or do research outside of the EEA and Turkey? Apply for the Holland Scholarship!
Holland Scholarship 2017-2018
The scholarship amount for 2017-2018 and the new conditions will be published soon. After publication you will have at least a month to submit your application.
The scholarship amounts to € 1,250 and is meant as a contribution towards your study or research expenses. There are approximately 45 scholarships available for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- You are enrolled as a full-time student at Utrecht University.
- Your study or research abroad will take place in the academic year 2016-2017 and has a minimum duration of three months and will earn you a minimum of 15 ECTS.
- Your study or research will take place in a country outside the EEA, Switzerland and Turkey. Please note! You cannot hold a passport/be a national of the country where you want to go to.
- Your average grade is 7,0 or higher at the time of application.
- Your study/research takes place at a partner university with whom the University has an exchange agreement.
Your application to study abroad will be scored based on the following criteria:
- Your average grade
- Academic motivation
- Ambition (as demonstrated by your studyplan, extracurricular activities, honours, etc.)
- Quality/completeness of the application
- Language proficiency other than English or Dutch (or your native language)
A selection committee comprised of representatives of the faculties and the central International Office will award the scholarships.
How to apply
Selected students for an exchange in the academic year 2016-2017 can submit an application for a Holland Scholarship from March 1 up to and including March 31 in Osiris Student. Please make sure you meet all the conditions! Your application will be reviewed based on your original exchange application. Your average grade must be at least a 7.00; this will be based on the overall weighted average. You can check this yourself in Osiris Student by ticking the box for ‘print weighted average grade’ under the study progress review.