The Holland Scholarship is a scholarship made available by the Dutch Ministry of Education Culture and Science together with Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
Holland Scholarship 2018-2019
The scholarship amount for 2018-2019 and the new conditions will be published as soon possible. After publication you will have at least a month to submit your application.
The scholarship is meant for students who want to study or do research outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Turkey. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Are you already studying at Utrecht University? Are you going to study or do research outside of the EEA and Turkey? Apply for the Holland Scholarship!
The scholarship amounts to € 1,250 and is meant as a contribution towards your study or research expenses. There are approximately 45 scholarships available for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- You are enrolled as a full-time student at Utrecht University.
- Your study or research abroad will take place in the academic year 2017-2018 and has a minimum duration of three months and will earn you a minimum of 15 ECTS.
- Your study or research will take place in a country outside the EEA, Switzerland and Turkey. Please note! You cannot hold a passport/be a national of the country where you want to go to.
- Your average grade is 7,5 (UCU/UCR GPA 3.3) or higher at the time of application.
- Your study/research takes place at a partner university with whom the University has an exchange agreement.
Your application to study abroad will be scored based on the following criteria:
- Your average grade
- Your study progress
- Academic motivation
- Ambition (as demonstrated by your studyplan, extracurricular activities, honours, etc.)
- Quality/completeness of the application
A selection committee comprised of representatives of the faculties will award the scholarships.
How to apply
Selected students for an exchange in the academic year 2017-2018 can submit an application for a Holland Scholarship from March 15 up to and including April 14 in Osiris Student. Please make sure you meet all the conditions! Your application will be reviewed based on your original exchange application. Your average grade must be at least a 7,50 (UCU/UCR GPA 3.3); this will be based on the overall weighted average. You can check this yourself in Osiris Student by ticking the box for ‘print weighted average grade’ under the study progress review.