The Holland Scholarship is a scholarship made available by the Dutch Ministry of Education Culture and Science together with Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
The scholarship is originally meant for students who want to study or do research outside the European Economic Area (EEA) The EEA consists of the EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Utrecht University has decided that this scholarship is only available for study or research at the university of one of these stratigic partners:
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- University of Sydney
- University of Toronto
The scholarship is a one-off payment of € 1,250 and is meant as a contribution towards your study or research expenses. There are 44 scholarships available for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- You are enrolled as a full-time student at Utrecht University.
- Your study or research abroad will take place in the academic year 2018-2019 and has a minimum duration of three months and will earn you a minimum of 15 ECTS.
- Your study or research will take place at one of tthe above three strategic partners. Please note! You are not eligible for this scholarship if your study or research is in your home country .
- You have (almost) no study delay and the courses you will take will count for your bachelor or master programme.
The scholarships will be divided by drawing lots among all the applications that meet the above criteria.
How to apply
You can apply through Osiris from 1 till (and including) 18 March 2018. Before June you will receive the outcome of your application.
The Holland Scholarship is made available by: