Well-being by design: behavioral foundations and public policy
Psychology offers an interdisciplinary minor in collaboration with Interdisciplinary Social Science, Public Administration and GeoSciences. This Minor is appealing for all students with an interest in health and well-being in the broader sense and combines knowledge from Psychology, Interdisciplinary Social Science, GeoSciences, and Law, Economics and Governance.
The minor offers the following five courses, of which you will need to choose four. All courses take place in Semester 1.
Minor coordinator: Denise de Ridder.
- Health in society (Interdisciplinary Social Science; coordinator Marijn Stok): 201900017
- Government and behavior: the use of behavioral insights in and by governments (Public Administration; coordinator Stephan Grimmelikhuijsen): USG4660
- Self-regulation (Psychology; coordinator Catharine Evers): 201600023
- The science of happiness (Psychology; coordinator Denise de Ridder): 201900028
- Geographies of Health (GeoSciences; coordinator Dea van Lierop): GEO2-3317
All bachelor students can apply for the Minor.
If you are a student of Utrecht University, the minor will be included in your International Diploma Supplement (provided that you have met all the requirements, of course).
If you are not a student of the University, it may be useful to request a minor declaration. This will allow you to demonstrate that you have successfully completed the minor. When you have passed all courses of this minor, you can apply for a minor declaration in Osiris Case. To do so, you must be enrolled in the minor.