Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience
This Minor is a collaboration between Psychology (Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences) and Biomedical Sciences (Faculty of Medicine). It will appeal to students with broad interest in systems and cognitive Neurosciences. These students might have a background in Psychology, Biomedical sciences, Biology, or related fields.
- Advanced Neuroscience (BMW30605) – Biomedical Sciences, semester 2, first half (period 3)
- Sensation and Perception (200300072) Psychology, semester 2, first half (period 3)
- Central Nervous System Disorders (BMW31012) – Biomedical Sciences, semester 2, second half (period 4)
- Psychopharmacology (201700081) – Psychology, semester 2, second half (period 4)
Because all courses are level 3 courses, basic knowledge of central nervous system functioning and biological psychology is a necessity for this Minor. This knowledge might be acquired by:
- a Cognitive Neuroscience course (200300074), scheduled before commencement of the Minor (semester 1, second half; period 2)
- a Neurowetenschappen course (BMW, semester 2, first half; period 3).
If you are a student of Utrecht University, the minor will be included in your International Diploma Supplement (provided that you have met all the requirements, of course).
If you are not a student of the University, it may be useful to request a minor declaration. This will allow you to demonstrate that you have successfully completed the minor. When you have passed all courses of this minor, you can apply for a minor declaration in Osiris Case. To do so, you must be enrolled in the minor.