During one year, students will follow three seminars, each consisting of 4 meetings. After the three seminars, all students in the GHIS programme organize a fourth seminar together in which they share what they have learned during the previous seminars.
Each study period students will follow one seminar. Before the start of each period, students can indicate which seminar they would like to follow. The coordinator will determine in which seminar each student is placed. Topics that were included in the seminars of last year were: ‘The societal impact of antibiotic resistance’,'Complexity of climate change', 'Is the era of globalization over?' and ‘Public Order and Security’.
The kick-off day for all selected students of the programme is on Friday 25 September 2020
Start of the programme
The course starts Monday 28 September 2020
- All meetings are scheduled in the evenings. The evening of the week varies per seminar (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evenings)
- Meetings last max 3 hours and are scheduled somewhere between 18.00 and 22.00 hrs
- The course is in English
- The GHIS course consists of 7,5 ECTS
- The course is meant as an extracurricular course
- There is no programme fee
- An excursion (3 to 4 days) is part of the programme