Universität Hamburg is an exchange destination in Hamburg, Germany. This destination is specifically for master Climate Physics students of the Faculty of Science.
No reviews available.
Winter semester from October to February
Summer semester from April to July
For English taught courses at least level B2 of CEFR is recommended, but level C1 is strongly recommended
This partnership is based on a bilateral agreement between Science UU and Hamburg on Integrated Climate System Sciences and Oceanography.
Studierendenwerk Hamburg or commercial housing opportunities.
Start looking for accommodation as soon as you can! Vacant dorm rooms provided by the student services Studierendenwerk fill up quickly and searching on the free market may take months.
Housing: ca. EUR 250–450 per month
Living expenses: ca. EUR 300–500 per month
For every module which a student has passed, the student receives a certain number of credit points (CP) corresponding to workload. Calculations include attendance hours, private study and prep time for the module's final exam. One credit point stands for 30 hours per week (the so-called workload). Bachelor's programs contain a total of 180 credit points, which means that students should select their modules such that after three years, they have acquired 180 credit points.
Universität Hamburg (D Hamburg01): Universität Hamburg does not fully comply with the ECTS grading system. The grading scheme usually comprises five levels (with numerical equivalents; intermediate grades may be given):
• "Sehr Gut" (1) = Very Good; • "Gut" (2) = Good; • "Befriedigend" (3) = Satisfactory; • "Ausreichend" (4) = Sufficient; • "Nicht ausreichend" (5) = Non-Sufficient/Fail.
The minimum passing grade is "Ausreichend" (4). Verbal designations of grades may vary in some cases and for doctoral degrees.
4 places per year
The International Exchange Officer at the Faculty of Science is Liesbeth Achterberg.
- Open office hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 11:00-12:00 via Student’s Affairs Desk, Minnaert room 1.20
- Location: Minnaert building, room 1.17, Leuvenlaan 4, 3584 CE Utrecht
- For an individual appointment and/or questions send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case of an urgent matter, phone: 030-2537315